Scholarship For Young Scientists
CALL for application
Selection steps and criteria for choosing delegates for a grant:
- Candidates from all continents where most LDCs (lesser developed countries) are located (Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Europe) are eligible for application
- The selected candidate must be a member of their WRSA local branch or become a member to qualify for any WRSA support. If there is no local branch, the candidate may join an existing branch that best suits his/her needs.
- Support will be granted only to young scientists under 36 years of age, and who have not received previous travel support from the WRSA to attend a World Rabbit Congress. The reference date for calculating the age is 29th February 2024 (the deadline for submitting a paper online). Thus, if the birth date is before 01/03/88 the application will not be considered.
- Three types of grants will be offered: full support (free registration, accommodation expenses, travel), partial support (free registration, accommodation, expenses) and basic support (free registration). The candidates selected for a grant will pay in advance the travel costs and will be reimbursed at the congress after presenting the documents (e.g. invoice of flight/train tickets).
- The candidates will be considered for grant assignment only if they have submitted a research paper (3-4 pages) that has been accepted by the scientific committee, either as an oral communication or a poster presentation. The selected candidate must participate actively during the congress by presenting a submitted and accepted paper as an oral and/or poster presentation. The selected candidate might also participate in the Round Table on rabbit production in LDCs and in any other organized event that has this focus.
- First, candidates must submit online a paper on the WRC2024 website, before the 29th of February (2024), and must send an email declaring they are applying for a scholarship with a CV (<5pages) mentioning their birthdate and a scanned copy of an official identity card with at least full name and date of birth, to: Dr. Yinghe Qin
- Then, after the deadline for acceptance/rejection of communications (31/05/24), candidates must electronically submit the following materials:
- a letter of interest that will provide evidence of why local funding support is not available, and that provides a strong interest in rabbit sciences.
- a copy of the accepted paper to the WRC2024.
- an estimate of the travel cost (economic rate).
- These materials could be submitted as a separate e-mail to Yinghe Qin
Each applicant is invited to send in advance, their CV and letter of interest. The scientific committee will then look more particularly at their paper review.
Online paper submission will start from 1st February 2024
Deadline for paper submission: 29th February 2024
- 4 December 2023
Call for prepoposal
- 26 January 2024
31 January 20248 February 2024
Deadline for prepoposal submission
- 1 February 2024
Call for communications
- 29 February 2024
Deadline for communication submission
- 31 May 2024
Notification of acceptance/rejection of communications
- 2-4 October 2024